Pages

Sep 27, 2009

Krishna Conciousness is a Moment to Moment Conciousness

This incident happened with me few months back when Jhulan Yatra had started
As i came to the temple from office i was eager to go & sit in the class.

Then One good devotee stopped me & asked me if i could help him in building the JHULA swing
for the dieties.
As my nature is very adamant & i like to do things my way i was hesitant to do that
but somehow i said yes & i started helping him
The swing was a simple assembly of sticks & wooden rods
I was thinking what kind of simple uncomplicated service is this ? Why i am called for this ?
he can take help of anyone !
anyone can do it !
why i am wasting my time doing this easy task .
I could better hear the lecture ! or do some big complicated service.

as i was thinking this i was losing interest in this service
& was doing it in hesistant , inattentive manner.

Then another thought came to my mind
today is the first day of Jhulan yatra ie the swing festival
where in the gopis make swing for Krishna & Radharani
& i am given the very same service which is taken by Vishaka & Lalita & the other senior sakhis.
a sudden gratitude & shame entered into my heart
I am chosen to build the swing but how unqualified i am ?
& i felt ashamed that i am taking this service cheaply

I smiled with a tear in my eye & i continued helping him
& said to myself "When will i understand what ever i am doing is a direct service to Radha & Krishna "
I have to be moment to moment conscious of Krishna & be attentive & grateful for any service whether small or big




No comments: