Pages

Jun 12, 2011

Prerequisite for Crying for mercy of Krishna

Once i was traveling from bus to home
The bus stopped to take in passengers I saw a young woman with her child aged 5 or 6
it so happened that the young woman go in the bus but the child remained behind
The child was distracted by something & he forgot to hold the hand of his mother.
He was looking in the other direction where the object had attracted him.

Just then the door of the bus closed & it started moving .
The mother realised in a moment that she had left the boy So she shouted to driver " Stop my son is down there"
The bus stopped & the mother ran out & brought her child . The child had a frightened look on his face.

As they settled she asked him " What you would done if i hadn't come to take you?"
the child said with innocent face " I would CRY "

+++++++++++++++
So unless we Feel ------ LOST
we won't CRY

Below song written by Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur clearly explains

how we have lost in this world after temporary pleasure & disappointing adventure

1) I forsook You, O Lord, and came to this world of pain and sorrow. Now I submit my tale of woe at Your lotus feet.
2) While still in the unbearable fetters of my mother’s womb, I saw You before me You revealed Yourself but briefly and then abandoned this poor servant of Yours.
3) At that moment I swore to worship You after taking birth; but birth came, and with it the network of wordly illusion which robbed me of all good sense.
4) As a fondled son in the lap of relatives, I passed my time smiling and laughing. My parents’ affection helped me to forget the pangs of birth, and I thought the world was very nice.
5) Day by day I grew and soon began playing with other boys. Shortly my powers of understanding emerged. I read and studied my lessons incessantly.
6) Travelling from place to place, proud of my education, I grew wealthy and maintained my family with undivided attention. O Lord Hari, I forgot You!
7) Now in old age, Bhaktivinoda is sad. He weeps. I failed to worship You, O Lord, and instead passed my life in vain. What will be my fate now.

Song Name: Bhuliya Tomare

Official Name: Dainya Song 1

Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura

Book Name: Saranagati

Language: Bengali

LYRICS:

(1)
bhuliyā tomāre, saḿsāre āsiyā,
peye nānā-vidha byathā
tomāra caraṇe, āsiyāchi āmi,
bolibo duḥkhera kathā

(2)
jananī jaṭhare, chilāma jakhona,
biṣama bandhana-pāśe
eka-bāra prabhu! dekhā diyā more,
vañcile e dīna dāse

(3)
takhona bhāvinu, janama pāiyā,
koribo bhajana tava
janama hoilo, paḍi' māyā-jāle,
hoilo jñāna-lava

(4)
ādarera chele, sva-janera kole,
hāsiyā kāṭānu kāla
janaka jananī-snehete bhuliyā,
saḿsāra lāgilo bhālo

(5)
krame dina dina, bālaka hoiyā,
bhelinu bālaka-saha
āra kichu dine, jnāna upajilo,
pāṭha poḍi ahar-ahaḥ

(6)
vidyāra gaurave, bhrami' deśe deśe,
dhana uparjana kori
sva-jana pālana, kori eka-mane,
bhulinu tomāre, hari!

(7)
bārdhakye ekhona, bhakativinoda,
kāṇdiyā kātara ati
bhajiyā tore, dina bṛthā gelo,
ekhona ki have gati?

2 comments:

manish said...

what a correct analogy...Yes like that child complete innocence and dependency is the most imp :)

Unknown said...

Jaya radhe jaya krishna jaya brindhaava.............sri govindh gopinatha madanamohana...........love krsna all the time.thankyou eternal one.